Today I posted a simple question on my Facebook page asking if anyone could honestly explain the health care bill to me, without "snarky comments." What I got was a great analysis from a couple of unexpected sources that gave me real insight on what is coming down the pike.
What makes this remarkable is that I got this information from sources other than traditional media. It was unbiased, succinctly delivered and understandable. Something I could not find in any newspaper, magazine or broadcast source.
Definitions and pontifications in the blogosphere
Gabe Moretti chimed into the discussion on whether bloggers are journalists this week and made some valid statements, although I don't entirely agree with him. Essentially he says that the only people who should get press credentials at a trade show should be people from the traditional press and that all others should be given a secondary level of access that is no more than exhibitor level. I don't necessarily disagree with that, because the only reason I'm going to DAC to do interviews for EDA Cafe, SoC Central and New Tech Press is because I don't have to pay to get in. I would have been happy with an exhibitor badge, but I will make use of the press pass to dig stuff up and get a quiet place to record interviews. However, I'm not real happy with the idea of keeping a hard and fast definition for who gets a press pass. I'm not sure Gabe realizes it, but by his definition, he should not get a press pass. Gabe doesn't work for th...
Comments
Post a Comment