Reed Business International continues culling US operations
Reed shut down three publications in the US this week, including Video Business and Industrial Distribution. It's even cutting back on direct mail operations. Various reports call this part of an ongoing process of the UK-based corporation to divest itself of US publications.
Definitions and pontifications in the blogosphere
Gabe Moretti chimed into the discussion on whether bloggers are journalists this week and made some valid statements, although I don't entirely agree with him. Essentially he says that the only people who should get press credentials at a trade show should be people from the traditional press and that all others should be given a secondary level of access that is no more than exhibitor level. I don't necessarily disagree with that, because the only reason I'm going to DAC to do interviews for EDA Cafe, SoC Central and New Tech Press is because I don't have to pay to get in. I would have been happy with an exhibitor badge, but I will make use of the press pass to dig stuff up and get a quiet place to record interviews. However, I'm not real happy with the idea of keeping a hard and fast definition for who gets a press pass. I'm not sure Gabe realizes it, but by his definition, he should not get a press pass. Gabe doesn't work for th...
Comments
Post a Comment