Vpype has been adding some new functionality this week and one of the things they were playing around with was the embedded player. So if you were trying to watch it yesterday and couldn't I think it's fixed now.
What's missing from most company websites, or at least what is craftfully hidden, is that very reason for being. Companies hire SEO consultants who have absolutely no understanding of the market for the companies' products and just jam the web traffic with random hits from spiders, which makes everyone feel good until you look at the sales figures for the year. This week I've been getting bombarded with SEO consultants wanting to link their sites to New Tech Press . I've dutifully gone to their sites to see what they are all about and have been thoroughly disappointed in what I see. They are filled with poorly written, unconnected, bland content that provides absolutely no value to their audiences. They are designed only to drive search traffic. What makes it all the worse is some of these sites are for well-known corporations. And, no, I won't tell you who. I understand the value of good SEO. It's important to give people making rando...
Gabe Moretti chimed into the discussion on whether bloggers are journalists this week and made some valid statements, although I don't entirely agree with him. Essentially he says that the only people who should get press credentials at a trade show should be people from the traditional press and that all others should be given a secondary level of access that is no more than exhibitor level. I don't necessarily disagree with that, because the only reason I'm going to DAC to do interviews for EDA Cafe, SoC Central and New Tech Press is because I don't have to pay to get in. I would have been happy with an exhibitor badge, but I will make use of the press pass to dig stuff up and get a quiet place to record interviews. However, I'm not real happy with the idea of keeping a hard and fast definition for who gets a press pass. I'm not sure Gabe realizes it, but by his definition, he should not get a press pass. Gabe doesn't work for th...
A couple of weeks ago I started talking about the changes at UBM which has opened up a torrent of comment and readership on this blog. Almost doubling the audience. That's good. Kevin Morris, nice guy What's even better is that people are really talking about how journalism and Lou Covey, S*** Disturber media is changing. To be honest, most of the comment has been negative, mostly about UBM, and mostly from competitors and former employees. Little of that stuff was publishable and after contacting most of them, they all withdrew their comments (Yeah, I'm a nice guy). But there were some very productive responses and a couple were from Kevin Morris, editorial director of Tech Focus Media . I emailed Kevin directly and we made a date to talk about it face to face at the Design West Conference in San Jose. I made my first Spreaker broadcast from it. And away we go... Related articles Are j...
Comments
Post a Comment